STUDY ABROAD "How Far Will You Go at Rutgers?"
AMESALL strongly encourages all students to consider an international experience as they complete their major or minor. The Rutgers Center for Global Education offers over 160 programs for a semester, summer, or full academic year. The following programs are closely associated with AMESALL:
- Egypt: Semester program through AMIDEAST, offering English-taught coursework on Middle Eastern politics, history, language, and culture.
- Ghana: Summer service-learning program on women’s rights and community development. Students will earn six credits completing internships with local nonprofit organizations in and around the capital of Accra.
- Israel: Semester programs available at Hebrew University in Jerusalem, the University of Haifa, the University of Ben-Gurion, and the Technion University in Haifa.
- Jordan: Semester and intensive summer Arabic programs available through AMIDEAST. Relish in the rich history and culture of Amman, as well as nearby sites of historical and cultural relevance such as Petra, Jerash, and Al Karak.
- Kenya: Summer primatology field school, studying conservation and African wildlife in an experiential environment.
- Morocco: Semester and intensive summer Arabic programs available through AMIDEAST. Enjoy the city of Rabat over the summer for an intensive Arabic course, or a semester long experience in area studies.
- Oman: Semester program through AMIDEAST, offering English-taught coursework on Middle Eastern politics, history, language, and culture.
- Senegal: Two week summer service-learning program in Dakar, focusing on art and performance in Francophone West Africa. The course content and field visits highlights young artists and performers as agents of social change.
- South Africa: Semester programs at University of Cape Town and Stellenbosch, including the opportunity for semester-long service-learning experience. Also available are two week programs in Cape Town looking at the politics of gender and sexuality in Southern Africa, and a course for graduate-level education students studying race and society and education in the post-Apartheid era.
- Turkey: Semester programs available at universities in Istanbul and Ankara, with classes available in both English and Turkish. Summer service-learning program, featuring homestays in a small village while working with small-scale farmers on business and farm management practices.
For more information on these and other exciting global opportunities, please contact the Center for Global Education.
Rutgers Center for Global Education
102 College Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Walk-in advising available Mon-Fri from 12-4pm