Assistant Teaching Professor; Arabic Language Coordinator
Office: 15 Seminary Place Room 6174, College Avenue Campus
Office hours: MW 5-6pm (Lucy stone) and Thur 3:30- 4:30 (Scott lab) or by appointment
Hanan Kashou has more than 10 years of teaching experience in the Arabic language, culture and literature at the college level. She has taught advanced, intermediate, and elementary course in the Arabic language, as well as advanced literature courses and Arabic culture courses in translation. She has previously coordinated the Arabic individualized center for a number of years. Her research interests include Modern Arabic literature, postcolonial, and feminist theory, the cultural history of the Arabic novel. During the course of her master’s studies her focus was also in language acquisition and pedagogy and workforce development and training.
She has served on a number of committees and served as an advisor for several student groups for a number of years.
- PhD candidate in Near Eastern Languages and Cultures, The Ohio State University
- Masters of Arts in Near Eastern Languages and Cultures
- Masters of Arts in School of Physical Activity and Educational Services
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and International Studies. The Ohio State University
- Kashou, H. Hanan. “War and Exile in Contemporary Iraqi Women’s Literature” MESA Boston, November 2009.
- Kashou, H. Hanan. Department Colloquium Presentation. Near Eastern Language and Cultures. March 2010.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION & VOLUNTEER SERVICE
- AATA American Association of Teachers of Arabic
- MESA Middle East Studies Association
- NELC Student Representative, Council of Graduate Studies NELC Department Delegate
- Student Representative, Curriculum Committee
- Student representative, Ohio Student Union Council.
- 2008 Presidential Election Campaign Volunteer Columbus, Ohio 2008
AMESALL Courses (Past, Present, and Future)
013:240-241: INTERMEDIATE ARABIC I (Fall) & II (Spring)
Section 1: MWR11:30-12:50pm
Section 2: MWR 1:10-2:30
01:013: 442: Readings in Modern Arabic Literature