The Department of American Studies announces scholarships of up to $300 for declared American Studies or Race and Ethnic Studies (CCRES) minors majoring in Africana Studies, AMESALL, Latino and Hispanic Caribbean Studies (LHCS) or Women’s and Gender Studies (WGS) to be awarded in Fall and Spring 2014-15 AY.
The scholarship recognizes declared American Studies or CCRES minors who have demonstrated scholarly promise and commitment to the interdisciplinary study of culture and global diversity.
- Declared American Studies or CCRES minor and major in Africana, AMESALL, LHCS or WGS.
- Must have at least a 2.7 GPA in the major
- Preference given to students with demonstrated financial need
Examples of demonstrated scholarly promise recognized by the Scholarship Committee include:
- Outstanding performance and communication skills in the classroom
- Demonstrated promise in scholarly research and writing skills
- Creative use of interdisciplinary approaches, including technology
- A completed application form
- Your most recent full transcript (a version printed from the web is sufficient)
- A one-page, double-spaced essay: Tell us about a specific event, course, project or involvement that led to your interest in the study of diversity and culture.
- Your resume, which must include information about employment history, research experience(s), and any university, college, or community organizations and/or activities with which you have been involved while at Rutgers.
- (Optional) If you would like the Scholarship Committee to consider any other information—financial, academic, etc.—you are welcome to submit a brief statement on those matters.